1 Barncoose Vacancy
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 89 (6) of the Local Government Act 1972 that 3 Casual Vacancy exists for Carn Brea Parish Council.
The Parish Council must now co-opt a suitably qualified person to serve as Councillor for the aforementioned Wards. You can live anywhere in Carn Brea Parish to apply for these vacancies.
Any person wishing to be considered for c-option should in the first instance, contact the Clerk & Proper Officer of Carn Brea Parish Council to obtain a co-option eligibility form.
You must satisfy the following criteria:
• Be at least 18 years of age on the day you are co-opted
• Be a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country, a citizen of the Irish Republic or a citizen of another member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the four following qualifications on the day you are co-opted:
• Be registered as a local government elector for Carn Brea parish
• Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in Carn Brea Parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day you are co-opted
• Have had your main or only place of work during the last 12 months in the local authority area in which you are standing
• Have lived in the parish of Carn Brea or within three miles (4.8 kilometres) of the parish during the whole of the last 12 months.
You may not be able to become a Councillor if you:
• Hold a paid office, or other place of profit, of the Council
• If you have been declared bankrupt within 12 months
• If you have been imprisoned for 3 months or more within the last 5 years
• If you have been convicted of any offences involving corrupt or illegal practices
• If you have been convicted for failure to register or declare disclosable interests
The closing date for the receipt of applications 13th June 2022
Mr Andrew Moyle-Browning
Treloweth Community Hall
Moorfield Road, Pool
Carn Brea, Redruth
Cornwall, TR15 3QB
Tel.no: 01209 313014
Email: email@example.comDownload a copy of this notice