Heartlands is free to enter, although a parking charge does apply if you travel by car. Once you have arrived you can find:
- A visitor centre for the Robinsons Shaft complex and the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape World Heritage Site. Coming to see the 270 degree film in the exhibition is reason to come by itself.
- Acres of parkland and an exciting children’s playground. Within the playground you will also find the Snack Box, a great value option to feed the family.
- Five unique gardens showcasing the flora and fauna of the diaspora countries where many Cornish miners travelled in years gone by.
- The Red River Café, located in the former Carpenters Shed the Red River Café uses locally sourced and seasonal produce to provide a mouth-watering menu is open daily 10am to 4pm. The Red River Café is also open Friday evenings with special menu offers.
- A huge amount of open space, perfect for events and performances Heartlands provides a fantastic backdrop for events.
- 15 Workspaces located in market square play host to a changing array of creative business and office/retail spaces.
A social enterprise, Heartlands relies on the support of the community to ensure that this fantastic resource remains for future generations. Anyone wishing to become involved in supporting Heartlands through volunteering should contact the team on 01209 722320