Plan Steering Group
The members of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group are a combination of volunteers from the local community and Carn Brea Parish Councillors. The Councillors act as the link between the Parish Council and the Steering Group.
The volunteers from the local community came forward in response to the initial public consultation early in 2018.
The Steering Group had its first meeting in May 2018. From then onwards the Group have met, spent time setting up the structure and administration of the group and its meetings, and they set up 6 working groups based on the following topic areas:
- Infrastructure, Community Facilities and Services
- Open/Green Spaces and Recreation
- Heritage, Conservation and the Built Environment
- Housing Provision
- Business & Retail
- Traffic, Transport and Parking
These topic areas were decided on based on the responses received from the initial questionnaire which was sent out by Carn Brea Parish Council at the start of this process.
- The Steering Group is now working on producing a detailed QUESTIONNAIRE which will go out to residents in 2019. Look out for this coming through your door.
- The Steering Group is also starting to consult with local communities about DEVELOPMENT BOUNDARIES for the rural villages in the Carn Brea Parish area - for more information click here
- The Steering Group will also be working on LOCAL LANDSCAPE CHARACTER ASSESSMENTS during 2019 – for more information click here
If you own any land in the Carn Brea Parish area we need to hear from you – we can then consult with you if/when a development boundary is being drafted for the area nearby to your land.
For all queries, including if you would like to get involved in helping with the Neighbourhood Plan, please get in touch:
Mobile: 07811 849525